Obesity is not only an epidemic, but the leading cause of chronic illnesses such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and heart diseases in the US.
Gaining weight is easy. Losing it, not so much.
There’s a lot of information on “quick fixes,” “crash diets,” and 10-minute workout routines out there. These short-term techniques may work, but they’re not sustainable in the long run.
Nutritionists and health experts recommend balancing a healthy diet and exercise to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
While losing weight is a slow process, using lingonberry powder extracted from organic wild lingonberries can help accelerate the process.
Lingonberries are small, tart red berries with a slight similarity to cranberries. Harvested from the Scandinavian wild forests, lingonberries are rich in nutrients and antioxidants that aid in weight loss.
Lingonberries are known in other parts of the world as cowberry, foxberry, bearberry, dry-ground cranberry, and mountain cranberry.
1. Fruit Platter and Nut Butter
Whole fruits are the healthiest choice for snacks. Fruits are low in calories while rich in vitamins, potassium, fibre and other nutrients.
Depending on the season, there are usually a wide variety of fruits available at the market. The best fruits for weight loss include:
- Passion fruit
- Stone fruits
So, how do fruits aid in weight loss?
You lose weight when your body achieves a high calorie deficit―burning more calories than you consume. The low-calorie content of fruits makes it easy to achieve a high calorie deficit without going hungry.
The high fibre content in fruits makes them filling and suppresses your appetite.
How to Make a Fruit Platter With Lingonberry Powder
The key to a delicious fruit platter lies in both the fruit selection and the dip.
Select fruits with different flavours and textures to complement fruits with either bland or less appealing flavours. For example, the sugar in bananas and berries can lessen the tangy taste of kiwi fruit.
- First, make sure the fruits are ripe.
- Wash the fruits in warm water, then peel, slice and plate.
- For one serving, add a tablespoon of lingonberry powder to nut butter, then blend or whisk until you get a smooth consistency. Enjoy!
Nuts are rich in fibre and protein that will keep you full for longer, helping you avoid overeating.
2. Lingonberry Waffles
Waffles for weight loss? Yes, please.
Weight loss requires consistency. People who adopt crash diets struggle to keep off excess weight, simply because they’re not enjoyable or easy to stick to long term.
Weight loss doesn’t have to mean giving up the foods you enjoy. Remember, the key is adopting a lifestyle and diet that you enjoy and can maintain for the long haul.
Here’s how you can turn regular calorie-filled waffles into a delicious and nutritious snack for weight loss.
How to Make Lingonberry Waffles
There are several healthy waffle recipes you can try at home, either for breakfast or as a snack, including our buckwheat waffles with dark chocolate and lingonberry powder.
To make 5 waffles, you’ll need:
- A waffle maker
- Food processor
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp organic wild lingonberry powder
- 1 cup milk
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- Mix all dry and wet ingredients in two separate bowls.
- Combine both mixtures into one bowl and mix.
- Pour the waffle batter into the waffle maker, covering the entire area and close the lid.
- Let it cook until the outside is golden.
- Add more batter and repeat the process until all waffles are done.
Expert tip: According to Cleveland Clinic, nutritious gluten-free diets are healthier, low in calories and can aid in weight loss.
3. Low-Fat Lingonberry Cheesecake
Although loved by many, cheesecake is one of those foods dieticians often warn against.
While cheese does provide a good source of protein and calcium, high consumption can be harmful to your health. The high saturation of fats and salt in cheese can cause high blood cholesterol and high blood pressure.
The table below shows the fat concentration of different types of cheese.
|Type of Cheese
|Grams of fat per 100g
|Grams of saturated fats per 100g
Here’s how you can still enjoy your cheesecake without worrying about the high salt and fat saturation of cheese.
How to Make Lingonberry Cheesecake
Contrary to what the name suggests, there’s no cheese involved in preparing this lingonberry cheesecake.
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 270 ml coconut milk
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 100 g (1/4 cups) agave syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp each: LOOV Wild Lingonberry Powder, LOOV Wild Blueberry Powder, LOOV Wild Cranberry Powder, LOOV Organic Blackcurrant powder,
For the crust:
- 70 g (0.6 cups) almonds
- 40 g (0.3 cups) coconut flour
- 4 dates
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Mix all the crust ingredients and blend until the dough gets sticky. Place the dough on the baking sheet and press down to make it even.
- Add all the filling ingredients except the berry powders to a blender and mix until you get a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts and add one berry powder to each for colouring.
- Pour one portion of the filling into the crust and freeze it until it’s hard. Add the second portion and freeze again. Repeat the process with the rest of the mixtures.
4. Oatmeal Snacks With Lingonberry Powder
Oatmeal is a nutritious and filling addition to a healthy diet. With a low glycaemic index and soluble fibre, snacking on oats can help with both constipation and weight loss.
A controlled study was conducted to investigate the effect of oatmeal on appetite and satiety. The results showed increased feelings of fullness and significant hunger reduction, indicating that oatmeal intake increases satiety and improves appetite control.
How to Make Oatmeal Snack Bars With Lingonberry Powder
For 6 bars, you’ll need:
- 3 whole Bananas
- 40 grams chopped nuts
- ⅓ cup chopped dates
- 120 grams oats
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Line the bottom of a baking pan with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Add oats and nuts to a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Peel the bananas and mash them in a separate bowl.
- Add all ingredients to the mashed banana and mix.
- Transfer the mixture and firmly press it into the prepared pan to form a firm rectangle.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Remove the parchment paper and cut the oat mixture into 6 bars.
- Enjoy your healthy snack bar.
Oatmeal is one of the healthiest and most versatile cereals. The mild taste makes it easy to blend with other ingredients for delicious and healthy snacks.
Whichever oatmeal recipe you choose, adding a few tablespoons of lingonberry powder will not only add flavour but boost nutrient content as well.
Here’s what our happy customers have to say.
5. Lingonberry Smoothies
Liquid diets have been used for decades as a quick fix for losing weight.
Packed with nutrients and fibre, smoothies can be used as a snack to help promote a healthy body and help you lose weight.
Cleveland Clinic recommends using vegetables, fruits, protein and spirulina to make healthy smoothies for weight loss.
Lingonberry Powder for Weight Loss
LOOV Food lingonberry powder is made from hand-picked berries that grow in the wild Nordic forests. Wild lingonberries are rich in quercetin and resveratrol which both have antioxidant properties.
Our lingonberry powder is lab tested and rich in polyphenols and phytonutrients which promote good health. Studies show that polyphenols promote weight loss by stimulating fat breakdown and reducing calorie intake.
At LOOV Food, we are committed to providing our clients with 100% organic products. Every package contains all-natural products with no additives, preservatives or refined sugars.
To preserve the rich nutrients and strong flavour of the wild berries, we use the freeze-drying preservation method for all our products.
When you shop with us, you have a guarantee of quality. Here’s what or customers have to say:
Share on Pinterest: