Healthy Muffins with Freeze-Dried Wild Lingonberries
A superb way to add lingonberries to your everyday life! Eat dried lingonberries as a snack or add them to smoothies, yogurt, juice, porridge, cereal, and muesli, or use them in other recipes.
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tbsp LOOV freeze-dried organic wild lingonberry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalaya salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2-3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup pureed banana
- 6-8 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tbsp LOOV freeze-dried organic wild lingonberry powder
- a bit of lemon juice
- LOOV freeze-dried organic lingonberries
Preheat oven to 350ºF and add muffin liners to your muffin tin.
Place all of your dry ingredients into a medium bowl and mix through.
In a separate bowl whisk together 2 eggs. Add maple syrup or honey, almond milk, and pureed banana and mix again.
Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and then mix. Add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the center is fully cooked. Let them cool for 5-10 minutes in muffin tin and then remove the muffins from the tin to let them cool off completely.
When the muffins have cooled down, mix together the soft cream cheese, honey, berry powder and lemon juice. Cover the muffins with a cream layer and top them with dried lingonberries. Enjoy.