Everybody has probably reflected at some point on the food they consume and how healthy it is. While not quite satisfied with the nutritional value of the food they eat, people still keep to old eating habits, giving as a reason a lack of competence, knowledge, time, etc.
So where do you begin if you want to adopt a healthy diet and make the transition from eating regular food to eating organic food?
The maintaining of a healthy and joyous body and life is connected with the following keywords:
- Motivation to change your quality of life and diet.
- Awareness of the profound impact food and lifestyle have on our health and quality of life.
- Knowledge of what constitutes a healthy diet, which foods to prefer and avoid, when and how much to eat, what kind of vitamins and minerals the body needs, and which food products contain them. For each regular food product there is always an organic, healthy alternative.
- Clear instructions on where to start and how to actually change your diet step by step so that the transition is not too difficult or complicated.
- Recipes for healthy and easy-to-prepare foods to expand your everyday menu.
The changes that are required to adopt a healthy diet do not take place overnight. The transition should be undertaken simply, deliberately and steadily. Instead of ridding your diet at once of all “bad food products”, you might begin by very gradually incorporating healthy food products into your meals.
Fully considering the downside of modern food and the danger it poses to our health, you can start with the everyday choices you make in shops.
- Pay close attention to the product information on packaging and think about whether you and your family need mass produced food made from raw ingredients of unknown origin, grown under unknown conditions, and combined with different food additives, or you should begin to look for organic product alternatives whose purity and healthiness have been guaranteed by organic certificates.
- Show an interest in the producer of the product. Nowadays it is very simple – you can use the internet, get in touch with producers at markets and fairs, etc. If you have more information about the producer of your food products, you gain confidence and the knowledge that you care about the health of you and your family when eating healthy foods. In addition, you also show that you value the sustainability of the efforts of our local producers.
- Start by replacing individual food groups, for example, sugar. You can substitute white refined sugar with organic sweeteners like (raw) cane sugar, honey, maple syrup etc. These sweeteners have a much milder impact on the body. Ordinary sweets and pastries can also be substituted with alternatives. You can eat fresh or dried berries and fruits or combine them to make true delicacies according to your favorite recipes.
- You can start making the same kind of healthy substitutions, when it comes to flour products and fats.
- If you make informed choices when buying vegetables, meat, and milk, then these products will acquire a new meaning in your diet.
- Think about how you can add more vitamins or different essential nutrients to your everyday food. There are a number of ways you could do that.
As you move steadily towards a healthier diet, you are sure to realize that eating healthily every day has an influence on your mind, concentration, mood, and motivation and even on your personality – thus playing an important role in the well-being of both yourself and your family. But do not forget physical activity and training when changing your diet. Both of them are vital for your health. It is clear that your life will only get better if you feel good in your body and are healthy.