- Wild blueberry (Vaccinium myrtillus), not cultivated
- From juice pressed berries and nothing else
- 100 g powder = 700 g fresh berries
- From the most valuable part of the berries: peels and seeds
- Dried at low temperature (+45-65 °C) to preserve all the valuable nutrients
- Very high level of antioxidants (3,5 g/100 g)
- No added sugar or other additives
- Organic, non-GMO
- Easy to mix and use in different recipes
- Berries are handpicked and wild-crafted from certified organic Nordic forests
Wild blueberries have been used for centuries as a medicinal herb to cure many kinds of diseases. In traditional medicine, the wild blueberry has been used to strengthen and widen the blood vessels and lower blood pressure.
Blueberries are also known to have strong antibacterial properties. Scientists who have researched the wild blueberry say it can even prevent some nervous system disorders, strengthen memory, and delay ageing.
Wild blueberries have a high anthocyanin content and are a powerful source of polyphenols and antioxidants. The anthocyanin in bilberries supports the normal functioning of the immune system, neuronal and cognitive brain functions, and ocular health.
Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells against age-induced oxidative stress. Potassium contributes to maintaining normal blood pressure, the normal functioning of the nervous. The amino acids provide a peaceful sleep.
Wild blueberries have long been considered to be the revitalisers of tired eyes, protecting the optic nerve and retinal cells. Blueberries are especially beneficial for people who suffer from night blindness or light sensitivity.
The blueberry is also known for its ability to regulate digestion.
Add wild blueberry powder to smoothies, yoghurt, kefir, curd, porridge, cereal, muesli, tea and protein shakes or use in other recipes. For greater nutritional benefit we recommend ingesting 1-2 tbsp a day for 2-3 weeks.