- Wild lingonberry (Vaccinium vitis-idaea)
- From juice pressed berries and nothing else
- 100 g powder = 700 g fresh berries
- From the most valuable part of the berries: peels and seeds
- Full of vitamins and antioxidants
- Dried at low temperature (+45-65 °C) to preserve all the valuable nutrients
- No added sugar or other additives
- Organic, non-GMO
- Easy to mix and use in different recipes
- Berries are handpicked and wild-crafted from certified organic Nordic forests
The wild lingonberry, growing in sparse pine-woods and moors, has long been used to strengthen the immune system and to prevent colds, especially during the long winter period.
The berry is valued for its taste, richness in vitamins, and curative effect. Lingonberries make meat dishes a culinary experience, but they also boost the metabolism and improve digestion.
Lingonberries contain carotene and B-group vitamins, but are especially rich in vitamin C (30-40 mg / 100 g of berries), magnesium, iron, potassium and sodium.
Since ancient times, the lingonberry has been known to remove water from the human body and is still widely used to treat cystitis and kidney diseases. The different fruit acids, tannins and benzoic acid contained in lingonberry make it an effective means of treatment for rheumatism and joint disorders.
The anthocyanins found in wild lingonberries can support the normal functioning of the urinary tract. Potassium contributes to the normal functioning of muscles and nervous system, and maintaining normal blood pressure.
Lingonberries have also been known to lower cholesterol levels and to have an antibacterial effect.
Add wild lingonberry powder to smoothies, yoghurt, kefir, curd, porridge, cereal, muesli, tea and protein shakes or use in other recipes. For greater nutritional benefit we recommend ingesting 1-2 tbsp a day for 2-3 weeks.