- Organic blackcurrant (Ribes nigrum)
- From juice pressed berries and nothing else
- 100 g powder = 700 g fresh berries
- From the most valuable part of the berries: peels and seeds
- Full of vitamins and antioxidants
- Dried at low temperature (+45-65 °C) to preserve all the valuable nutrients
- No added sugar or other additives
- Organic, non-GMO
- Easy to mix and use in different recipes
- Berries are handpicked and wild-crafted from certified organic Nordic forests
Thanks to their high vitamin and antioxidant content, blackcurrants are undoubtedly the most valuable garden berries in Nordic climate. Their vitamin C content is even 5-9 times higher than that of oranges.
Organic freeze-dried blackcurrant powder is high in antioxidants, Vitamin C and Vitamin E. The antioxidants anthocyanin and vitamin C found in blackcurrants support normal cardiovascular functions. Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells against age-induced oxidative stress.
Blackcurrants increase vitality and due to their very high vitamin C content, they may accelerate recovery from illnesses and strengthen the immune system. Blackcurrants also aid the restoration of mineral levels in bones after a bone fracture and help in the treatment of arthritis, anemia, and atherosclerosis.
Finally, they also help the organism rid itself of bodily waste, by stimulating the digestive process and the movement of liquids in the body.
Add blackcurrant powder to smoothies, yoghurt, kefir, curd, porridge, cereal, muesli, tea and protein shakes or use in other recipes. For greater nutritional benefit we recommend ingesting 1-2 tbsp a day for 2-3 weeks.